Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Tragedy

We experienced a little tragedy tonight. My son had his hamster, Gordon, rolling around in his hamster ball. After a couple of minutes, I asked where the hamster was. Caleb didn't know. I searched and searched and finally found him. Our dog, Beth, had killed it.

Molly and Caleb are taking it pretty hard. Surprisingly, Molly more so than Caleb. Anyway, I'm typing this sitting up in our bed with Joy, Molly, and Caleb all beside me. There's not a lot of room here but, hey, they are sad.

Anyway, my initial feeling is to get rid of Beth. Naturally, I know that Beth is just a dumb dog and that she didn't kill Gordon for any reason other than pure instinct. I guess. I still go back to wanting to permanently say "Goodbye" to Beth, but I'll make sure that any decision like that isn't based strictly on emotion.

Have a good night.

Gordon the Hamster
R.I.P.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awe, that's sad. I'm sorry to hear that. Poor Gordon. Poor Caleb. Poor Molly. I know that's heartbreaking. Really. Caleb talked about that hamster, a lot. I hope you guys have a good rest and sleep tonight!

Love you guys!