Sunday, June 21, 2009

Been a While

I guess I really haven't posted anything in quite a while. It's not as if I have anything particularly important or monumental to say right now (or ever) but every once in a while, I get the urge to post something on my all-but-forgotten blog.

Like I've stated before, this blog is more of a journal of sorts. I don't treat this as the only journal of events that I ever keep since I have no idea if someday Google will simply pull the plug on Blogger. Who knows?

I guess the same goes for Flickr. I really do use Flickr as my photo archive. I mean I keep a local copy and a local back up copy of my pictures but I don't take time to sort them. The only sorting they get at home is by the upload date. On Flickr, I take the time to tag them, put them in sets and collections, etc. But what would I do if Yahoo suddenly pulled the plug on Flickr? I guess I'd just be perturbed. Well, I'll enjoy it and use it while I can I suppose.

Anyway, today is Father's Day. I have had the honor of being raised by two awesome parents. I have never had to wonder whether or not my parents loved me and had my best interest in mind. I have always felt that my Dad and my Mom are proud of me. God has really given me an excellent example of what it means to lovingly raise a child.

The reason I made my Father's Day statements about both my Mom and my Dad is because I don't think I ever posted anything about Mother's Day on my blog. It was mainly due to laziness. It's not as if I was posting everyday in May except Mother's day. Still, I would have felt a little dirty leaving my Mom out in the cold. Happy Belated Mother's Day, Mom! Happy Father's Day, Dad!

On a more journal-esque note, Sophie's first tooth (or teeth, it's hard to tell right now) is coming in. Recently, she has been a little fussy for no apparent reason. Yesterday I did the routine "check the bottom gums for teeth" inspection and, much to my surprise, I could feel a little tooth coming in. It's possible I'm feeling two teeth but I can't be certain. Joy and I have tried to simply look by opening Sophie's mouth but she always moves her tongue to just the right spot so that we cannot see her bottom gum (is it 'gum' or 'gums' when I'm only referring to the bottom row?). Anyway, it's a neat little milestone for any baby.

A funny side note: as I type this, I am really starting to believe that the running spell checker in blogger is actually intended for British English, not American English. Whenever I've spelled words like neighbor, color, etc., I would always get the little read dotted line underneath the words indicating that they are spelled incorrectly. However, when I change their spelling to the British English (neighbour, colour) the little red line goes away.

This morning however as I was writing my little paragraph on my parents, I noticed the little red dotted line under the word Mom. I thought, "That's odd. I'm pretty sure that's how 'mom' is spelled." So I decided to change it to "mum". Doing so eliminated the red line. Strange isn't it? (Spoken with a fake British accent.)

Well, I've got to get the kids up for church. Joy will probably be staying home with Sophie since Sophie's been running a low fever.

Happy Father's Day 2009!

No comments: