Monday, July 20, 2009

Garbage

Why do people litter? More specifically, why do people litter in what could best be described as their front yard? I guess living in an apartment has its disadvantages: some of the children have no respect for personal property. Or where the nearest giant dumpster happens to be.

Growing up, I was always taught NOT to be a litterbug. So it's no small wonder that if I decide to eat food from Wendy's at 1am in my car at my apartment, I'll most likely throw the trash in an appropriate container. Not so for many of our neighbors. Perhaps there simply aren't that many people here that have any aspirations to ever own anything other than their car. So, maybe they have no concept of what it's like to go out into their own front yard and pick up the trash that some hobo-esque moron tossed out.

Well, that's all. Got to go to the library for no associated reason.

No comments: