Saturday, June 26, 2010

Ubuntu 10.4

I'm not the geek I sometimes pretend to be but, yesterday I installed the newest version of Ubuntu on our old Dell laptop. I did this mainly for two reasons: first, for security. Getting a virus is really of no concern when using a linux machine. Second, I want access to all of the great open source software that is available for linux machines. Specifically, I want a program for editing videos and I know that Ubuntu is much more light weight than Windows so I might actually have some success.

Anyway, today is Saturday, June 26th, 2010. In just under three weeks, we will be moving and I couldn't be happier. I'm not looking forward to the actual moving process but, I am looking forward actually being in our new place.

Well, that's all I feel like writing right now. I'm mainly just killing time waiting for Flickr to finish changing the privacy settings on thousands of my photos.

See ya.

No comments: