Monday, October 04, 2010

Just Before Bed

I'm sitting here at the counter in our kitchen with Molly having her little snack before we go upstairs to get ready for bed.  Sophie's been a bit of pill tonight for whatever reason.  Earlier this evening, she fell out of the chair that she was squeezed into next to Caleb and somehow busted her lip.  At least it didn't really swell up and it's only on the inside.  She got over it pretty quick but, not before crying on my shoulder and staining my shirt with blood and chocolate (she'd just finished eating a brownie).

Anyway, we're almost done down here so I'm going to close my laptop and head upstairs so I can get Caleb into the shower.  If I can, I plan on reading a little more tonight.  I'm a little over 3/4 of the the way through The Sword of Shannara on my Kindle.  I read this book back when I was about 14 or 15 years old and I still think it's a pretty good book.  Even though it does borrow heavily from Tolkien's Lord of the Rings trilogy.  Oh well, if it's good storytelling, it's good storytelling, right?

Molly just finished slurping the last bit of juice from her Caprisun which tells me it's time to go.

Until next time....

No comments: