Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Happy Birthday Michelle!

To Michelle: Believe it or not, I still remember the first time I ever saw you. You were just a newborn; still at the hospital. I saw your crazy hair and thought, "That's my sister?" Remember, I was seven at the time and had absolutely no contact with babies (as far as I can remember).

Another super early memory of you: I took you to my first grade class for show-and-tell. Mom was there, of course. I didn't just stuff you into my book bag and head to school (can you tell I've related this story to Molly?). I got to hold you in front of my class and talk about how you were my new baby sister. I was so proud. And I'm just as proud of you now as I was back then.

However, I don't think we have show-and-tell at work but, if that changes, I'll let you know.

Anyway, I just wanted you let you know that I couldn't think of anyone in the world that I'd rather share my birthday with. Knowing that we have the exact same birthday (seven years apart) is something that I'll never get tired of. As an added bonus, I can always easily calculate your age by subtracting seven years off of my age. Pure genius!

As Cracker says: Happy Birtday to me, and to you!

Happy Birthday Michelle. I love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mike! The show and tell thing is too funny! (And, if any of the kids in my class did that, I'm sure I'd think it was just too cute and sweet. So, it's cute, as well!) Oh, and I do the same thing with the age thing. I almost wrote it out in my post, as well. lol Happy Birthday, again Mike! I love you!! :-)