Thursday, July 22, 2010

In The New Place

This is my first post from our new place. So far so good. I haven't seen any large crowds of obviously unsupervised children (or orphans, if you will) yet so that's definitely a good sign. The only downside is we're still unpacking. That's normal of course and we're really almost done but, a quick look around will let you know that we just moved in.

The kids are taking the move really well. Molly complains of being bored but that's normal when you don't have a steady stream of kids dressed like they're in the movie "Newsies" performing choreographed dances outside your window while you try to eat dinner. Well, that's not entirely true. I wouldn't actually call the dances "choreographed". Anyway, the bottom line is: the kids will have to get used to not living around so many orphans. I mean kids. Wow! The "O" word just keeps slipping out whenever I talk about our old place.

Before I forget, I should mention a couple of cute things the kids have done before I totally forget.

Last week during our move, Molly and Caleb were with me in the cab of the U-Haul truck as we headed back to the old place. As we were driving, we saw a car with an obviously European license plate. Molly commented that it must be very expensive to have your car shipped to the United States and I agreed. Then she said she didn't even think a ferry would travel that far. Caleb chimed in and said, "Yeah, and fairies aren't even real!" Then immediately, he said, "Oh, wait..." I couldn't help but laugh because it was so cute.

Okay, now on to Sophie's cute thing. Last week, we're sitting in the living room watching a show the kids like called Zeke and Luther, which is actually a pretty funny show. Anyway, they did a quick little parody of the "Leroy Jenkins" World of Warcraft video that was going around the internet about three or four years ago. I caught onto the joke but Joy, and of course the kids, had never seen the video. So I pulled it up on youtube and for a day or so, we were going around shouting, "Leroy Jenkins!!" just for fun. It didn't take long for Sophie to start saying it and, amazingly, she enunciates quite well for a one year old. I think Joy may have captured it on video, hopefully, before Sophie gets bored with it.

Well, that's it for this edition. In case your interested, here's that Leroy Jenkins video. Don't bother watching it after the infamous name is uttered. The language gets pretty bad after that. See ya!

No comments: