Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Another Day

It's a new day. It's also a day that I have to go back to work. (I was off yesterday since I worked the weekend.) The good news for me: only four days of work until the weekend. The bad news for me: I'll be by myself in the evenings this week since one of my coworkers is on vacation. Also, I have to commute to Norfolk and I'm really getting sick of it.

On to something less annoying, you may be wondering what was up with my last post. Well, I constantly think of stupid stuff like that that I want to write down and, until now, I never did. Believe it or not, I usually only write stuff like that if I honestly think it's funny. To me. On a regular basis, I'll say to my wife while we're watching a movie or TV or something, "Hey wouldn't it be funny if______(insert ridiculous chain of events here)". Usually this elicits a calm "yeah" or a pity laugh.

Thankfully, I have a wife that humors me but strangely enough I'll still sit there and think to myself, "Hmm. That's strange. The statement I just made was the funniest thing ever said. Ever. Why isn't she rolling on the floor laughing uncontrollably?" That's overstating it a bit, but you get the idea. Over the years I've come to realize that just because something is insanely funny to me doesn't mean that it will be funny at all to anyone else. Does that make me insane? I hope not. But wouldn't it be hilarious if it did?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, see Mike...THIS is why we share the same birthday, and that I have the female version of your name. We are A LOT alike. LOL I come up with stuff all the time, and no one ever thinks it's as funny to them as it is to me. I think it's like that for all of us though. I just think we probably think of more random things than most people. I mean, Dad's always talking about things that he's thought of. Our imagination stems from his, I do believe...hahaha

Have a great one!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike! This is Michelle's friend Melissa! Thanks for making me laugh with your post! You and Michelle are a lot alike and I do believe I think the same things a lot of times too! Take care and have a great day! :)

Anonymous said...

2gether is a "group" that MTV came up with and had a tv show of when all the "boy bands" were big. Haha, Chris Farley's brother is the "old guy" in the group. They sang Calculus as well. HAHAHA One of the guys is in a tv show on TLC or HGTV. One of those "Trading Spaces" type shows. He's the host. lol
Have a great day Mike! :)