Sunday, November 20, 2005

Two Days

In two days, the Xbox 360 is released. I have, in some prior posts, written about how I would go about funding the purchase of this gaming console. Well, it is pre-ordered, paid off, etc. The only problem is that I won't be getting one at launch. I preordered my copy on September 3rd but, according to the automated voice from Gamestop that called me the other day, if I ordered it after May 23rd, then I can hang up any chances of getting it on 11-22.

Oh well. Maybe waiting for it has been more fun than actually having it will be. I am reminded of a quote by Oscar Wilde that I heard recently:

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."

I don't know about there only being two tragedies in all of life but you get the idea. Anyway, I'll be sure to report back in case I'm fortunate enough to pick one of these machines up before my vacation (which begins December 3rd).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, I'm guessing it comes out today? Well, maybe you'll have it by Christmas...