Saturday, April 21, 2007

First Day of Vacation

Greetings from the Pop Century Resort Hotel in Orlando, Florida.

Yes, we are now in Orlando, Florida. The flight(s) here weren't too bad; no turbulence, no delays, etc. However, Caleb had to go pee “really bad” a total of nine times between our house and our hotel.

Let me be specific: Caleb peed: twice at Newport News/Williamsburg Airport, twice on the flight to Atlanta, once in the Atlanta airport, twice on the flight to Orlando, and twice at the Orlando airport. That brings the grand total to nine bathroom visits during our trip. It was probably just his nerves but still, that's a LOT of peeing. The reason Caleb even had a chance to pee twice in Orlando was because of an issue we had with our rental car reservation.

I reserved an Alamo rental car through Expedia.com which wouldn't really be all that big of a deal except for the fact that we had also reserved Disney's Magical Express. Disney's Magical Express is basically a bus that takes you directly from the airport to your hotel. It's purpose is also get your luggage directly to your hotel room. That's all fine and good except for the fact that there was a conflict: we were scheduled to take the Disney's Magical Express from the airport AND we were supposed to pick up our rental car from the airport at the same time!

After three calls to Expedia, I was able to cancel my rental car. The second lady I spoke with told me no, “we can't cancel the rental car since it is part of your package”. The third person I spoke with seemed amazed that someone told me they “couldn't” cancel the rental car. Anyway, we are currently rental car-less but we're quite happy. Since we're staying at one of Disney's resort hotels, there are buses constantly running to all of the theme parks. Basically, we made end up spending a little extra on dining but it will in no way equal the cost of the rental car plus eating.

Well, I've got some pictures taken and loaded on my computer but I don't have internet access right now. I'm debating whether or not I actually wanna do it. There's a small fee associated with it so, I might. I might not.

I hope to keep this vacation journal up to date so I can sorta remember the details later on.

See ya later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Snow Summit Mountain Resort Southern California's Premier Resort, at 7000 foot elevation in the resort town of
href="http://www.bigbearlp.com/">Big Bear Lake hotel
, is Southern California's premier ski and snowboard resort. We are
only about 2 hours driving time from Los Angeles and Orange Counties and 3 hours from San Diego County. Snow Summit is a full
service winter resort with all types of lodging accommodations available nearby.
Big Bear Mountain Proud to offer almost 1700 vertical feet of beginner through expert terrain spanning 4 mountain peaks and
encompassing 28 trails with up to 12 lifts operating daily. In addition, we are pleased to have 85 jumps, rails and fun boxes
spread out over 10 freestyle zones available in the All-Mountain Freestyle Park.