Thursday, May 19, 2005

Been A While...

I haven't posted in several days for many reasons. Mainly it's because I've been so busy at night after work. My wife is throwing a baby shower for her sister this weekend so I tagged along for a couple of evenings as she bought the supplies. One of the other reasons is a bit nerdy.

I've been following E3 over the internet and through shows that I've Tivoed. E3 is the Electronic Entertainment Expo that is held every May in California. The main reason I like to watch it, aside from being a nerd, is the previews of all the games that will be coming out over the next year. Even though I'll end up playing less than 1% of the games, I still find it entertaining. And this year, the next generation of consoles is being touted. First and foremost is the new Xbox 360 which actually debuted last week on a horrendous MTV special. The only thing good that came out of that show is that it renewed my disdain for MTV and the MTV mentality.

Anyway, Nintendo are talking about their new consoles as well. If you listen to Sony all you hear is that the PS3 will be the most powerful supercomputer/console ever divinely inspired by super-geniuses here on earth. All will be crushed under the foot of the Playstation. Nintendo always takes the moral high ground: "We're not trying to make the most powerful machine. We don't have to. We're Nintendo and our games are simply better than anyone else's. Period." Microsoft is still trying to be cool even though everyone thinks they're some evil corporation.

Despite all this, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go for the Xbox 360. Mainly due to Xbox Live and XMG (which I've written about before). In other words, I'd better start saving or do the pre-purchase thing. I can just hear my sister now, "Dork! Let me go check my gigabytes."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA! I love the reference to me. "check my gigabytes" You make me laugh. :) You're really not that much of a nerd, and it's not like you let it rule your life. This is why I can give you a hard time, and you know I'm only giving you a hard time and not serious about it. *cheese smile* (or maybe *wink* - I don't know! hahaha) Love ya bro! Oh, and I'm a nerd because I bought Seinfeld Season 4, Napoleon Dynamite, AND some filters for my camera ALL IN ONE DAY! HAHAHA

Anonymous said...

So, you said you'd post the final price of that r2d2 toy you were selling on ebay, and you haven't yet. What gives!? haha (While You Were Sleeping quote - hahaha)