Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Truly Geeky

May 22nd 2005 005



So, I've been playing this Forza Motorsport game lately and I must admit, it's very challenging. The driving mechanics are insane! I'm still learning how to corner with an entry level car. Aside from the great gameplay, this game has a ridiculous amount of customization available. You can customize the engine, transmission, tires, you name it. Above all of this is the custom vinyl/decals section.

I spent a little bit of time with this part of the game yesterday and I found out that it is very addictive. Sure you can do flames, or some generic skull head but, with a little imagination, you can create virtually anything! Not me of course. I spent a long time yesterday just designing the Christmas tree, snowman, and snowy scene on my Subaru Impreza. And, quite obviously, it's very amateur. Worst of all, my wife thinks I'm a total dork. I half-jokingly said I would take it online and race against other people ("Fear my Christmas Tree Subaru, superior drivers!") and she looked at me like I was crazy. Of course, I am crazy so that didn't bother me at all. Anyway, I don't plan on designing any masterpiece, but it is a lot of fun. If I happen to create anything else that looks remotely cool or funny, I'll post it here. In the meantime, I'm going to bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've already broken even with your other two ebay items...SWEETNESS! :-)

Mike Covey said...

I know! I just saw that. Care to do any "shill bidding"? Just kidding. I know that's illegal and immoral. Later!

Anonymous said...

I am not going to risk going to jail or paying a fine for 2 stupid toys...LOL Sorry, it's not worth it! ha