Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Selling Stuff

r2-d2

I just finished listing the first of what will be three Star Wars items on eBay (see the link to the right). My daughter, who is currently addicted to Star Wars, happened across these when she was at a local thrift store with my wife. When my wife called me and told me about them and then told me they were old and still in the original package, my jaw hit the floor. I said, "Those are probably worth a lot more than five bucks. Whatever you do, PLEASE do not open them." Naturally, we had to offer my to get my little girl a newer (less valuable) Star Wars toy as a replacement.

As you can see from the picture above, this first item that I'm listing over at eBay is R2-D2. There is one more identical R2-D2 and the third one is Luke Skywalker.

Seeing these old toys make me wish I had kept my old Star Wars toys. They'd probably be worth a mint right now! I still can't get over how good the condition is on these items. I just know there's a guy somewhere coming home and screaming at the top of his lungs to his mom or wife: "You did WHAT with my old Star Wars toys?!!" When the auction ends in about seven days, I'll post the final price of this "toy".

No comments: