Sunday, June 05, 2005

Yard Sales and Cereal

We spent a lot of time going to various yard sales today. Joy goes for the true enjoyment of getting a good deal. I went with the intention of finding some nifty little item that I could sell on eBay. Alas, it was not to be today. For me, anyway. Joy found tons of great deals. The closest thing I came to was an old radio/8-track player. Unfortunately, the antenna was broken off and it looked rather crappy so I decided against parting with ten dollars for it.

After the yard sale "extravaganza" (as my wife would love to call it), we started rearranging our house a little bit. The main goal was to move the older computer (which I'm typing this on right now) from my daughter's room into the dining room using a desk we got from my brother-in-law last week. That goal has been met. However, over the course of the evening and in the spirit of rearranging, we started working on our kids' rooms. Yuck.

Our children accumulate lots of stuff. We don't shower them with gifts but what they do get is either an annoying noise maker or is small, sharp, and painful to step on barefoot. Anyway, we bagged up some of the stuff for an attic trip and an upcoming yard sale when I realized that I hadn't eaten. Cereal sounded good but we were out of milk (and, frankly, any good cereal) so I made a midnight milk and cereal run to Harris Teeter.

It's kind of funny, I think. People go to the grocery store at midnight for a host of reasons: medicine for the baby, diapers, toilet paper. But not us. We go out at night to get milk and cereal. We are a wild and crazy bunch. Excuse me while I finish my Raisin Bran.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pot calling the kettle...:-P

Mike Covey said...

Calling the kettle what? Metal?