Saturday, April 23, 2005

Success!

My riding lawn mower is apparently operational again! (See my "I am an Idiot" post). I drained a very unhealthy amount of oil out of the engine directly into the ground in honor of Earth Day. Just kidding.

Anyway, after reaching a fairly "safe" level of oil I fired it up and -big surprise here- it started smoking again. Luckily, the smoking subsided and I was able to start mowing my lawn. Unluckily, however, a thunderstorm, which I thought was just ominous looking, let loose and it started to rain. So I only got about 1/5 of my side yard cut. The front and back still remain at "abandoned house" level. I hope to get the rest done tomorrow.

You have to admit that reading about when and how someone mows their lawn provides endless entertainment. Be sure to read my blog next week as I plan to chronicle how I balance clothes in the washing machine so it doesn't knock violently during the spin cycle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need to talk about the time you fell from the attic, and the time you fell out of the moving car, and the time you and matt got trapped in the station wagon! :)

At least your lawn mower is working again! :)