Sunday, July 24, 2005

The Fall

It was dark outside and there was a storm coming. I went to my car to hang up a couple of tools on the nails that protruded from the wooden walls on the inside. As I turned around, holding my son, I heard thunder rumble from far away. While facing the front of the house, our gazes were turned to the wide open area on our left. No trees, buildings, or any structure stood over there. Still, I looked to see a black shadowy figure falling slowly from the sky; its arms flailing about before it struck the ground. I could not discern any features on this figure other than the fact that it was human and wore an overcoat, similar to what a woman would wear in 19th century London.

Where did this person fall from? There was no platform of any kind from which to launch him/herself. I also noted that there had been no sound of any sort of aircraft flying overhead. Strange experience.

I should inform you that this was a dream. An odd one to be sure but, believe it or not, it was also terrifying. In retrospect, I'm not sure why it was so scary. I think it may have more to do with the overall creepy feeling of the dream, not necessarily the person falling. Anyway, have a great day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From the title of this entry, I thought you were going to write about a recent "fall" you experienced, but I guess you haven't experienced any recently. lol

Cool dream. Weird and creepy, but still cool. lol Good thing Caleb didn't have this dream. HAHA

Hope you had a great weekend Mike! Tell everyone over there I said WHAT UP DAWG?! haha :)

Anonymous said...

I've had the exact same dream. Well ... um ... you know, except for the dark shadowy figure falling from the sky and the nails protruding from the wooden walls on the inside of my car. Oh, and the storm. And there was ice cream.