Thursday, September 01, 2005

No Whining This Time. I Promise.

Work had its irritating moments today but that's life I guess. I'm trying to tone down my internal whining about work. In all honesty, I think the reason I'm letting things get to me more is because I'm under the impression that I'll be leaving soon for another job. That might not be the case so I'd better learn to live through the day without giving myself anymore headaches.

I know I'm very prone to do this, but this whole situation makes me think of a Simpsons episode where Homer is quitting his job at the Nuclear Power Plant for a job at the bowling alley (I think). Anyway, on his final day, he does all these horrible things since he just knows he'll never be back. As he drives away from the plant he throws a match behind him and burns a small wooden bridge leading to the plant. Ah, literal imagery of old cliches. Good stuff.

Anyway, it's late and I have to work this weekend. Thankfully, this is Labor Day weekend so I don't anticipate it being very busy. Also, I'm off Monday and then again on that Friday.

What was I complaining about again?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome! I don't mind helping out. I love helping out. I really do. Oh, and your profile picture should be of that weird looking doll thing from coleman's nursery or whatever it was from. haha

I understand frustrations of working at a job you really don't want to be working at anymore...

Have a great day and holler at having Labor Day off! Not me. I'm working. Surprised? You shouldn't be. The mall only closes on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter. So, it's open 361 days a year. Sad. At least, I don't work at 7-11. (there aren't really 365 days in a year...only every 4 years...haha)